Dementia Controller (CRIS)
The Dementia Controller, or CRIS (Confused Resident Information System) CRIS provides a system to assist with the care of residents with differing levels of cognitive impairment, ranging from confusion to debilitating dementia.
CRIS is a self contained system which operates independently from nurse call equipment, or as a tightly integrated solution. CRIS can interface with a range of manufacturers’ systems, or as an integral part of the Vitalcare Daisy nurse call network.
The system monitors residents’ ‘behavioural’ profiles and alarms when the profile is breached. This may include activity or inactivity outside normal parameters. An infinite number of profiles can be programmed and 4 of these can be selected at the door panel. CRIS is programmed wirelessly or via Vitalcare’s network controller.
Alarms are indicated on the exterior over-door light, sent to pagers or smartphones, displayed on facility annunciators or reported on tablet or web browsers.
CRIS consists of:
- Room controller module – electronic command module typically installed in the ceiling
- Door panel – used to activate or suspend operation and indicates the resident’s current location in the room
- Over-door light indicator – visual indication if profiles are breached
- Lighting controller – controls room, bathroom and reading lamps in response to behaviour and programming
- Door switch – activates an alarm if the door is opened
- AIR (Ambient Infra-Red) Sensors – detect resident location and activity within the room